I'm Lost at Sea
I'm uber bored so I'm gonna bash out a quick blog to pass some time.

I've started watching 24, gotta say, really not that impressed. I mean, it's ok, but I'm really not all that interested in any of the characters, and the storyline travels at a snail's pace. I might explore some other suggestions tonight.

Work was kinda awesome today. This new round I'm on is really pretty straightforward, and it is so much extra money for me. I kind of love it. A few people had told me how it was the best delivery round, but I didn't really believe them, but now I'm seeing their point. One of the biggest differences is the general cheeriness of people to see you. You actually feel welcomed, as opposed to being treated like some sort of criminal within the actual village. I have tomorrow and wednesday off as a result of being on this round. Again, awesome.

Found somewhere locally that does guitar tuition...I'm just doing a bit of research before signing up for it. I like to have a good idea of what I'm walking in to. It seems to be some kind of group lesson thing, which I'm pretty unsure of, considering my total beginner status.

Almost forgot the thing I've been wanting to talk about for about a week or so now! This is something I've been fairly conscious of for a few weeks now, but has been pretty obvious from looking at my overall Last.fm charts. Since you're reading this, you'll probably be well aware that my favourite band is blink-182. Now, I'll be the first to admit they are a really immature band, and more suited to 16 year old rebelious teenagers....maybe with the exception of their last album. I kind of feel as if they shouldn't be my favourite band anymore...I mean, I don't really like the idea of being a 35 year old guy who still listens to "Fuck a Dog". If I had to choose a replacement for them at the top of my list it would be a toss up between Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate. These bands are 2nd and 3rd in my Last.fm charts, and considering I only discovered them a few years ago, I have listened to them a phenomenal amount. They have done a formidable job of catching up to my number of blink play counts. I think one day, one of these bands will be my all time favourite bands. They are both fronted by Andrew McMahon, who I think is such an amazingly talented lyricist. As a demonstration of what I mean, I've added SoCo's "Watch the Sky" to my playlist....it pretty much captures my mood right now. Sometimes I feel completely lost at sea, and I feel like there's only a couple of people....one in particular, who can rescue me. I just think the imagery Andrew uses is just so unprecedented, I honestly can't think of anyone who is able to paint a picture with a song, quite like him.
0 Responses

Post a Comment