Forever and Ever, Lets Make This Last Forever
Oh
My
God

At long last. It's been 5 long years since I last saw them. The 1st of December 2004 is a date that I can instantly recite as my first concert. Now, at long last, it seems that blink-182 will return to our shores.

Dates have slowly been announced for European shows and festivals in august and september, but today SCOTTISH TOUR DATES emerged. And not just the compulsary Glasgow visit, but they will actually be appearing in Aberdeen!! I'm seriously gobsmacked!

I mustn't get too carried away, neither date has been officially confirmed, but they fit perfectly into what tour schedule there already is. Amazing.

Lianne, I kind of love you a little bit for breaking the news to me. I know, gross. Euw.
Laura, I'm sorry I got a bit excited in Tesco. Had it been official I might have danced a little bit. Probably a la David Brent.

I had actually planned what this blog was going to be about today as well. With this sort of news, I am more than happy to deviate however. At one point, back in the days of +44, I really didn't think blink would ever reunite. Which completely sucked.

I am so, so psyched at this. I still remember that cold, dark night at the start of December 04. Arriving in Glasgow to see Nathan for the first time since we started university. The quick fish and chips before heading to the gig. The mad taxi man asking about the Inverness pussy. The sheer overwhelming number of people when we arrived. The insane movement of the crowd. How much the first supporting band, The Kinison, sucked. How awesome the second supporting band, Sugarcult, were. How thirsty I got. The black blink-182 flag waving before the drums kicked in for blink's opening song, Feelin' This. Mark knocking Tom's guitar out of tune. Tom skipping half of First Date and them having to re-do it. Mark's closing drum solo. The hoardes of people leaving the arena. Having to jump a fence to get back into Nathan's accomodation.

I've added Feelin' This to the playlist. It was the first single from the self titled album, and has a fantastic energy to it. It was written by Mark and Tom, who went into seperate rooms to write, and when they met up, discovered they'd written about contrasting viewpoints of sex. Tom captured the lustful side, and Mark the romantic aspect. There's something about the video that I just love, and I can't put my finger on it. It just seems to capture the whole song, band, and genre perfectly, in a sense. Plus it has a giant inflatable baby and pig in the background. Awesome.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment