Di Caprio and Pitt Appreciation...
Why do I almost always blog so late? It's always like the last hour of the day that I remember to blog. Oh well...

Right now I'm halfway through watching Shutter Island with Leonardo Di Caprio. It's pretty compelling. It's set shortly after WW2, and revolves around two US Marshalls who are investigating a disappearance in a facility for violent mental patients, on a remote island. The marshall played by Di Caprio is suffering from persistent migraines and flashbacks to the war, particularly his actions when his squadron came across a Nazi concentration camp.
I'm not going to give anything away, but a storm has hit island, cutting out all the power, so some patients are running lose, and Di Caprio's character is suspicious of foul play, and beginning to wonder if he was set up to come to this place.

Di Caprio is probably one of my favourite actors, along with Brad Pitt. Usually, these are the sorta guys that piss me off, but I think they can pull off really difficult roles so well, and so convincingly. Pitt especially, has portrayed some of my favourite movie personas, but at the same time, he's been in some really awful awful flicks.

I went to the gym for the first time in a couple of weeks (I've been working a lot, ok?!) and hammered out a 40 minute run, which I was quite pleased about.

Chelsea got knocked out the Champion's League tonight, thanks to Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan. I'm actually a bit concerned because I think Jose might have just helped Chelsea win the Premiership. They now have a lot less distractions than United or Arsenal, and will have fresher legs for their games. Damn you Jose....
0 Responses

Post a Comment