Be Yourself
I'm absolutely shattered. For the past 3 nights I haven't been able to sleep until at least 3.30am. Not long ago I took a tablet to make me sleep easier, and I'm really feeling the effects. So hopefully I don't fall asleep writing this.

One thing I meant to talk about a long time ago, is Lost. It's one of the very few tv programmes I'm hooked on now. It's going to be finishing in may, which is carries some mixed emotions. Obviously I'm sad to see it end, but ever since the very first episode, Lost has mystified and confused it's viewers, and revealed very little. When one of the mysteries in the show is resolved, it's done so very gradually, and often just leads to more mysteries. I'll try to explain; the show follows the survivors of a plane crash on a (what appears to be) remote island, after stumbling across some sort of throwback, indigenous tribe, they discover a metal "hatch" in the ground. The survivors used dynamite (found on an abandoned shipwreck in the middle of the island.....another story!) to blast the hatch open, to reveal a station full of computers and equipment, and a man who had to enter a sequence of numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42) into these computers every 108 minutes or the end of the world will occur. This was all in the first two seasons, and we are now into the sixth.
A lot of people have sort of given up with Lost, ie, they watched the first couple of seasons and got sick of the mysteries. I can understand this, it can be so frustrating at times, but my God, what a tremendous story it is.

I have to write a personal statement for something I'm applying for. I rather hate doing this sort of thing. It's like doing that "About Me" section on Bebo, except it has to be professional. Erk. At the same time I'm sorting out my CV because I asked someone for a job and they wanted to see it. Super fun.

I was listening to Audioslave today, and my mum popped her head in the door to ask who it was, and remark at how good it was. She want on to tell me she liked a song on the radio that she thought was in the charts, about flies dancing at night. My mum likes Owl City and Audioslave. This disgusts me.

Nevertheless, I'm adding Audioslave to my playlist. I never knew I liked them, but I have a couple of their albums on my hard drive. I'd put "Genius Mixes" on iTunes while I played Fifa 10 online, and this song came on. I instantly recognised it as a song from Scrubs. It's funny how many songs remind me of Scrubs, it's not a hugely musical show, but they do use some outstanding music, particularly to capture poignant moments, where the shows humour is maybe not as relevant. Anyway, it's led to listen to some fantastic tracks and artists, such as OK Go and Rhett Miller, to name a few.
Audioslave were formed when Rage Against the Machine disbanded, and contain 2 of RATM's members. They were originally described as RATM with a different vocalist, but their second album forced people to change this opinion. I really love this track. I think it's really empowering. Be yourself, it's all that you can be.

I'm going to watch Dexter. Never seen it before, but apparently its good....
0 Responses

Post a Comment